Twitter (Photo supplied/ABC 57) Two people were hospitalized after a shooting on South Bend’s west side.The shooting happened around 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 6, in the area of Olive and Bertrand Streets in South Bend.One person suffered a gunshot wound to the face. The other victim suffered a gunshot wound to the hand, according to 95.3 MNC’s reporting partners at ABC 57.The victims were taken to Memorial Hospital for treatment.Evidence on scene indicated several dozen shots were fired.So far, there is no word of any suspects or arrests.This is a developing story. Check back for updates. Pinterest Facebook IndianaLocalNews Google+ Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleElkhart man hospitalized with head injuries, broken leg after motorcycle/vehicle crashNext articleMiddlebury man, 19, arrested on suspicion of rape, kidnapping Jon ZimneyJon Zimney is the News and Programming Director for News/Talk 95.3 Michiana’s News Channel and host of the Fries With That podcast. Follow him on Twitter @jzimney. Google+ Pinterest By Jon Zimney – June 6, 2020 0 447 Two people injured in early Saturday morning shooting in South Bend Twitter WhatsApp
Gabon has been awarded hosting rights for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations. The tournament was initially set to take place in Libya, but security concerns have forced CAF to award hosting rights elsewhere.Gabon, which co-hosted the Africa Cup of Nations tournament in 2012, was chosen again Wednesday in a vote by the Confederation of African Football’s (CAF) executive committee in Cairo.Gabon was selected over rival bids from Algeria and Ghana. Equatorial Guinea, which shared the African Cup with Gabon in 2012, hosted on its own this year. Neighbor Gabon will now also get the chance to do that in two years.
Barcelona took a big step towards the Champions League semi-finals with a resounding 3-1 victory over Paris Saint-Germain in Wednesday’s quarterfinal first leg at the Parc des Princes.Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi combined to set up Neymar for a slick opener in the 18th minute, and Luis Suarez added two brilliant strikes in the second half to seemingly seal matters.Gregory van der Wiel’s effort was deflected past Marc-Andre ter Stegen by Barca substitute Jeremy Mathieu to give PSG some hope late on.But Laurent Blanc’s side have it all to do in next Tuesday’s second leg at the Camp Nou.–Follow Gary on Twitter: @garyalsmith
Promoter Mick Hennessy has responded to James DeGale’s discontent by vowing to do all he can to secure a world title fight for the Harlesden man.DeGale, who successfully defended his WBC silver super-middleweight title against American Dyah Davis on Saturday, is frustrated at his apparent lack of progress since signing with Hennessy last year.To make matters worse for the 27-year-old, his rival and fellow West Londoner George Groves will take on champion Carl Froch in a world title clash in Manchester this weekend.But Hennessy insists he is capable of delivering big fights for DeGale in the new year.“No-one wants that world title fight to happen more than me. I don’t want James to keep treading water,” he told West London Sport.“I’m going to do my utmost. Absolutely every which way I’m going to try and nail down a world title fight for him.DeGale and Groves could meet again“I’ve got a proven track record for it and I’m going to put that track record to the test.”DeGale, who narrowly lost to Groves on points in 2011, has been touted as a possible future opponent for the winner of Saturday’s all-British showdown.The more likely option seems to be a final eliminator against Mexico’s Marco Antonio Periban for a shot at the WBC’s world champion Sakio Bika.But Hennessy, formerly Froch’s promoter, believes DeGale is capable of beating the Nottingham fighter were they to meet.“I’d prefer him to fight the winner of Froch-Groves and then have a big unification fight with Andre Ward,” Hennessy said.“Carl Froch is a great fighter – determined and strong – but the way to beat him is with hand speed, skill and movement.“James has got all those things and I do believe he has the ability to beat Froch were they to fight.“That’s the preferred route but sometimes you’ve got to take what you can get.”Hennessy added: “I don’t think James should have taken a world title fight earlier – definitely not.“You’ve got to get the right time, when he’s had the right experience, to go into a world title fight.“I can understand James’ frustration, but sometimes patience is a virtue.”See also:DeGale wants Groves clash at Loftus RoadDeGale must prove he is ready for world title shot, says promoterTrainer says DeGale is ‘a million per cent ready’ for world title challengeDeGale weighs in ahead of Davis clashVictory keeps DeGale in line for title shotPromoter will not ‘buckle to pressure’ as DeGale eyes title shotDeGale tells promoter to deliver title fightDeGale in line for world title eliminator James DeGale v Dyah Davis as it happenedDeGale keen to put on ‘wicked’ 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
SANTA CLARA — Jimmie Ward’s collection of broken bones and strained muscle seemed to embody the 49ers’ pain and suffering since his 2014 arrival. Times are different. Ward is healthy, he’s making plays and the 49ers are off to a 5-0 start.Sweet redemption?“No. We haven’t proved anything,” Ward said Wednesday. “I’ve only played in two games. We’re 5-0, that’s cool, but we still haven’t done anything yet.“Maybe if you catch me later on in the season and we’re in the playoffs and we win some …
Participant Question: I am in the military with a dependent that has Medicare. If we get stationed overseas, is my dependent still covered by Medicare?Answer: Yes, your dependent is still a Medicare beneficiary but it is unlikely that her/his coverage will be honored. Assuming you are not stationed in one of the territories referenced above and assuming the person isn’t a military retiree eligible for TRICARE for Life, Medicare may provide coverage for emergency treatment OCONUS (Outside Continental United States). However, the beneficiary will likely have to file the claim him/herself. Please note that Medicare will not pay for routine, non-emergency procedures. * Participant Question: Since Guam is a U.S. Territory, are Medicare beneficiaries covered by Medicare in Guam?Answer: YES! US Territories are considered part of the US when determining Medicare coverage. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services has produced the following video to help clarify Medicare coverage abroad – Medicare & You: Traveling AbroadFor additional information about Medicare coverage when traveling outside of the U.S. please refer to this article: Travel (when you need health care outside the U.S.) In our most recent webinar, Medicare 2017 & What it Means for You, there were some questions from participants concerning Medicare coverage outside the United States. Please read through the questions below to see what questions were asked and the resources that we’ve found to address them. Also, if it piques your interest to learn more, you can view the session at the event page. *We are gathering additional information to answer this question in more detail. Updates may be made to this post in the future. This MFLN-Military Caregiving concentration blog post was published on February 24, 2017.
South West Queensland have taken out the first Grand Final played at the X-Blades National Touch League today, defeating the South Queensland Sharks 2-1.The first half in the Women’s 35’s was a tight encounter, with both teams unable to score at all. The second half started better, with the Sharks scoring in the second minute, through Anna Fuiava.Just one minute later the game was all tied up with SWQ’s Karen Hegedus scoring. The Queensland derby continued to be close, with neither team being able to break the defence. SWQ did manage, however, in the 12th minute, through Anita Hagarty.That was the final score of the match, handing South West Queensland the first title of the 2009 NTL.Congratulations to the team.
The Touch Football Australia office will be closed on Friday, 25 March and Monday, 28 March due to the Easter long weekend. The office will reopen on Tuesday, 29 March. Related LinksTFA Office Closure
About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Crystal Palace boss Hodgson admits Benteke confidence rock bottomby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveCrystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson admits Christian Benteke’s confidence is rock bottom.The 28-year-old missed a fantastic opportunity to seal the victory in Palace’s last-gasp 1-1 draw with Wolves on Sunday, leaving him goalless for the season and with just four goals in his last 52 Premier League appearances.Hodgson said: “We cannot do more than we have been doing for a long period of time because unfortunately his confidence hasn’t been at the highest level because he hasn’t scored the goals that he wants to score, and the club want him to score.”But we work very hard with him to make certain that he realises there’s other aspects of his game that we appreciate and we still want him to give us every time he plays.”It’s not because he doesn’t try hard enough. It’s not because he doesn’t want to score goals badly. It just is a rut that he finds himself in and we’re working hard with him on the training field to try and help him to get out of it.”
Kolkata: The state Labour minister Moloy Ghatak on Tuesday unveiled two unique web portals to deliver multi-dimensional services to unemployed youth in the state.The Akarshan portal —the first of its kind initiative by the department will provide a single platform of all the required facilities to the enrolled job seekers of the state aspiring for quality employment through competitive examinations or seeking self employment. The portal will provide online psychometric test, one to one counselling, career counseling in groups, android based spoken English self learning app called English Bolo, live streamed special coaching classes, online mock tests, question bank on various subjects with more than 50,000 questions in the repository and then last mile employability module that encompass CV writing, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and basics of entrepreneurship. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari Puja”At present, the facilities will be available for jobseekers of six employment exchanges in the state based in Siliguri, Malda, Kalyani, Kolkata, Asansol and Bankura. We will gradually extend it to all the 71 employment exchanges across the state. The facilities are being provided free of cost,” Ghatak said. There are 33.32 lakh people enrolled in the employment bank of the state Labour department that had started in 2013. About 1.62 lakh people have already been trained. The second portal that was launched by the minister is dedicated to training for the domestic workers- titled ‘Prashikshan Shibir for the Domestic Workers” . The training for such workers is being organised since 2012 and already 42000 have been trained. “We hold a ten-day workshop to impart hands on training on operation of household electronic gadgets, cooking and hospitality, first aid, safety and security , health and hygiene etc,” Ghatak said. The department has set a target to train 1 lakh unemployed youths in driving in 18 districts across the state.