Award of almost €20,000 to security staff

first_imgWhatsApp Advertisement Linkedin Print NewsLocal NewsAward of almost €20,000 to security staffBy admin – January 24, 2012 659 AN appeals tribunal has awarded a total of almost €20,000 to Limerick employees of a Dublin company who, it found, had not been paid their full entitlements. 15 people took cases to the Employment Appeals Tribunal against Federal Security Newco Limited, Hilton House, Ardee Road, Rathmines, Dublin 6. The claims were taken under the Minimum Notice and terms of employment act and of the 15 claimants, four did not appear to have their cases heard.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The workers were represented by the Dell Redundant Workers Association in Limerick while the security firm had a representative of the Dublin based Management Support Services (Irl) Ltd appear on their behalf.Making awards of between €510 and €3,860, being the equivalent of between one and five weeks pay, the tribunal noted that none of the claimants had signed a waiver which the company presented to the Tribunal on its own behalf.“The Tribunal is satisfied that all claimants received one week’s notice by way of letter dated 22 January 2010 and accordingly awards minimum notice,” the findings said.The total of the awards came to €19,420.40center_img Facebook Email Twitter Previous article€260,000 theft by law firm clerk leads to prison sentenceNext articleCertainty sought on future of Shannon Airport adminlast_img read more

911 call from father who allegedly killed son released, as search for boy’s body continues

first_imgTBI(DICKSON, Tenn.) — Before busloads of volunteers spent days on foot or four-wheelers combing through rough forest terrain and paddling in ponds in hopes of finding 5-year-old Joe Clyde Daniels alive — his father, Joeseph Daniels, dialed 911 to report him missing.“My son has autism and we cannot find him,” the 28-year-old dad told the dispatcher on the morning of April 3 during a four-minute recorded phone call that authorities released Sunday.Three days later, Daniels was booked for one count of criminal homicide after Tennessee authorities accused him intentionally killing his son inside their Garners Creek Road home Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning and then “hid” his body somewhere.“During the course of the investigation, it was determined the child’s father Joseph Daniels intentionally killed his son in his residence and then hid his body,” said Jason Locke, deputy director at the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations, at a Saturday morning press conference.Daniels remains jailed on $1 million bond, according to a release by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.Rather than holding out hopes for rescuing Joe Clyde, authorities are now in a tireless search to find his body.“The search continues … for Joe Clyde’s body,” Locke said.During his call to a 911 dispatcher to report his son missing, Daniels suggested his son “must have just unlocked the door and got out.”When asked when his son was last seen, Daniels said “last night”, referring to April 3, according to the recording.He also struggled to inform the dispatcher a complete description of the pajamas Joe Clyde was wearing before he supposedly vanished.“My wife would know better than I would on that,” he said.After ticking off a description of Joe Clyde’s blonde hair and blue eyes, his 4-foot height and 65-pound weight, the father explained to the dispatcher that his son had autism, adding that he was “nonverbal” and that while his symptoms weren’t “so severe” he was unable to do things like taking a bath without help.“He tries to bathe himself, but we have to bathe him,” Daniels said on the phone call.While Daniels has been charged, the investigation continues, Dickson County Sheriff Jeff Bledsoe said on Saturday.He said “nothing is off the table” and added that investigators were still poring over evidence.“We’re not sure where the next turn will be or where the evidence will lead us,” he said.On Saturday night scores of Dickson residents convened in the cold at Buckner Park — 10 minutes away from Joe Clyde’s crime scene home — to try to make sense of the tragedy. Another vigil is scheduled for Sunday night.“We just had high hopes,” one of the vigil organizers, Amanda Curtis, told ABC station WZVN-TV of the widespread sense of defeat and remorse. “Everybody is hurt right now and I don’t think we should have to go through it alone. We may not have had specific ties to the child, but we all searched.”Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more