Puerto Rico Disaster Recovery Speeding Up

first_img Related Articles Share Save in Daily Dose, Featured, Loss Mitigation, News Sign up for DS News Daily  Print This Post According to Peter Brown, the White House special representative for Puerto Rico’s disaster recovery, the pace of federally funded projects to help hurricane and earthquake victims has quickened. However, according to Yahoo News, Brown is worried about long term efforts.“The reputation seems to lag the reality. The reality is improving,” Brown said, adding that he will report to President Donald Trump upon his return to the U.S. mainland. “I think he will be convinced that federal money and federal efforts is being spent wisely here.”The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the Central Office for Recovery, Reconstruction, and Resilience announced an additional $63 million in aid will be sent to Puerto Rico.Funds will be used for 56 projects related to the recovery and reconstruction of the island as it works to rebuild following January’s earthquakes and Hurricane Maria.More than $6.2 billion has been approved for Puerto Rico under FEMA’s Public Assistance Program.“FEMA and [Central Office for Recovery and Reconstruction] remain focused on prioritizing obligations of funds to municipalities for eligible expenses related to hurricanes Irma and Maria to help communities recover,” FEMA stated in a release.The Associated Press reported last month that Puerto Rico’s government hopes to relocate all of the families impacted by January’s magnitude 6.4 earthquake that destroyed or damaged nearly 1,700 homes.Ongoing tremors have forced re-inspections of more than 7,000 homes that engineers already visited.“We know we still have a lot of work ahead of us,” Puerto Rico Gov. Wanda Vázquez said. “No one was prepared.”The report states that a total of 4,600 people remain in shelters along Puerto Rico’s southern coast.Vasquez, however, said the majority did not report any damage in their house and were scared to return home due to continuing shakes.Three hundred homes were destroyed and another 1,390 damaged by the quake, according to the Associated Press.According to Brown, it will take years for Puerto Rico to recover from the hurricane and earthquakes.“My main concern is sustainability,” he said. “This is not a one-time injection of money into the economy or infrastructure of Puerto Rico… Continuity is vital.”Alex Amparo, Puerto Rico’s coordinating officer, said $3.8 million has been approved to help affected by the quake.Natural disasters impact investors, service providers, mortgage servicers, government agencies, legal professionals, lenders, property preservation companies, and—most importantly—homeowners.The 2020 Five Star Disaster Preparedness Symposium will include critical conversations on response, reaction, and assistance to ensure the industry is ready to lend the proper support the next time a natural disaster strikes.Register today for the Disaster Preparedness Symposium. Previous: Top Markets for REO ‘Fix-and-Flip’ Buyers Next: The Spread of Zombie Properties Disaster FEMA Puerto Rico 2020-02-26 Seth Welborn Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Puerto Rico Disaster Recovery Speeding Up Seth Welborn is a Reporter for DS News and MReport. A graduate of Harding University, he has covered numerous topics across the real estate and default servicing industries. Additionally, he has written B2B marketing copy for Dallas-based companies such as AT&T. An East Texas Native, he also works part-time as a photographer. Home / Daily Dose / Puerto Rico Disaster Recovery Speeding Up Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days agocenter_img Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago February 26, 2020 1,884 Views Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago About Author: Seth Welborn The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Tagged with: Disaster FEMA Puerto Rico The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Subscribelast_img read more

The largest annual gathering of Croatian camping has been announced – the 11th Congress of Croatian Camping

first_imgOrganized by the Croatian Camping Union (KUH), from 13-15.11.2017. in Šibenik (Solaris Beach Resort), the largest annual gathering of Croatian camping, related institutions and activities, as well as all interested individuals is held.This year’s 11th Congress of Croatian Camping, through its professional part (the topic and the choice of lecturers), but also through the fair part (exhibition of over 20 models of mobile homes and glamping tents, and various equipment and services in camping), certainly in 2018 becomes central meeting place of the Croatian camping sector and related activities.In the last ten years, the Congress of Croatian Camping, organized by KUH, has established itself as a central gathering for the exchange of knowledge and experiences, education and meetings of representatives of the Croatian camping sector and related activities. “From the first, held in 2007, to last year’s jubilee 10th Congress of Croatian Camping, a total of over 1.800 participants met and exchanged experiences, saw development trends and figures of European and Croatian camping, tools and ways of promotion, met and agreed to cooperate with directors CNTB offices from some of the strongest emitting markets, talked to foreign experts in camping, advertising and related activities, received impetus and new ideas related to improving quality and adapting to the expectations of camp guests (glamping, luxury camps, etc.), saw the latest innovative models mobile homes, as well as other miscellaneous equipment for campsites. ” Adriano Palman, director of the Croatian Camping Association, points out and adds that no less important is the discussion on the issue of development and issues and raising the general level of competitiveness of the Croatian camping sector.As of today, applications for participation in this year’s 11th Croatian Camping Congress have been opened, and as part of the congress, the best camps will be awarded special recognitions for the quality of Croatia’s Best Campsites, OK mini camps, Naj Kamp Adria 2017, Ecocamping label and award for the most innovative camps of the year. On the last day of the congress, a joint trip of all participants is planned.A large number of representatives of the camping industry from our country and abroad, owners and representatives of camps, the public sector and other economic and professional associations in Croatia are expected at the congress.Apply via the links below:Registration for the congress (registration for the congress and payment of the registration fee are obligatory for all participants)Accommodation reservation (at special preferential prices for participants)last_img read more

From furlough to free-to-air: Premier League becomes a political football

first_imgMass audiences Attention from politicians was certainly not welcomed by players, particularly as they set up a fund to generate funds for Britain’s National Health Service (NHS).Hancock was accused of “deflecting” underfunding of the NHS by Crystal Palace winger Andros Townsend, while Newcastle’s Danny Rose said players’ health was being put at risk to boost the national mood.However, the pressure from government for free-to-air matches could yet have long-lasting benefits for the English top-flight.For the first time since the inception of the Premier League in 1992, the BBC will show four live games before the end of the season.Amazon and a Sky freeview channel will also bring more live games to a wider audience.Cricket and golf are among the sports to have suffered consequences of disappearing behind a paywall in the UK.”It is important that as many people as possible can access our games,” said Premier League chief executive Richard Masters.By being beamed back to the masses on its return, the Premier League could ensure absence makes the heart grow fonder and increase its already massive following. Topics : Yet, on Wednesday, Premier League stars will return to live action with the government reveling in its role to ensure 33 of the remaining 92 games of the season will be shown on free-to-air platforms.Prime Minister Boris Johnson told parliament last month that the return of live sport to television “could provide a much-needed boost to national morale”.On the day June 17 was set as the date for the Premier League’s return, Oliver Dowden, Secretary of State for Sport, said football had a “special place in our national life.” The green light for the Premier League’s return owes much to a political will for the national game to lift spirits in the country hardest hit by coronavirus in Europe.Suspected and confirmed deaths from coronavirus in Britain passed 50,000 according to analysis from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) this week.Restrictions on personal freedoms remain in place, while plans to reopen schools to all pupils in England have been shelved until September. Furlough fury However, the Premier League has not enjoyed such political backing throughout the course of the pandemic.In the early weeks of April as clubs scrambled to respond to a sudden drop in revenue, Liverpool and Tottenham were among the top-flight teams that signaled their intent to use the government’s furlough scheme for non-playing staff.The scheme, designed to protect jobs once lockdowns are lifted, has seen the government cover the cost of 80 percent of wages up to a maximum of 2,500 ($3,100) a month per employee.Yet, the sight of last season’s two Champions League finalists using tax payers’ money without cutting the wages of players provoked a furious reaction.Conservative MP Julian Knight accused the Premier League of a “moral vacuum.”At a daily news briefing at the height of the crisis, even Health Secretary Matt Hancock told Premier League players to “take a pay cut and play their part”.Both clubs bowed to the public pressure and quickly reversed their decision to use the scheme.”When the furlough scheme and the discussions around player salaries and taking pay cuts arose, my feeling was that was opportunistic on the part of government and actually very cynical,” Professor Simon Chadwick, Director of Eurasian Sport at Emlyon business school told AFP.”Within weeks the government had flipped again and suddenly this is important for national well-being, social cohesion and national identity, providing a diversion from the pandemic.”This was the government using football to achieve its own ends, rather than of football itself, or fans and the population.”last_img read more