Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Al Panlilio hopes the ruckus involving Gilas Pilipinas and the Australian national team won’t imperil the Philippines’ hosting of the 2023 Fiba World Cup.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? Avery Bradley agrees to 2-year deal with Clippers Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award PLAY LIST 01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award06:27SEA Games 2019: No surprises as Gilas Pilipinas cruises to basketball gold00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal The deplorable fight that happened at Philippine Arena, which will be one of the venues in the 2023 World Cup, quickly gained international attention and drew backlash from the sporting world.READ: SBP apologizes for Gilas-Australia brawlFEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets offers from Asia, Australian ball clubs“Well, I hope not. Honestly, this is a stand-alone incident. We’ve done a lot for FIBA as a federation also. We’ve worked very closely with FIBA all these years,” Panlilio said in a televised interview with ESPN5 on Tuesday.“We’ve worked very hard to win those in 2023. I hope it does not affect that hosting and we will continue to prepare for the hosting.” In December of last year, the three-nation bid involving the Philippines, Japan and Indonesia, won the right to host the 2023 World Cup, besting the joint bid of Argentina and Uruguay.READ: Gilas players say sorry for failing to keep emotions in check, leading to brawlIn a tweet, Fiba said it will look into the incident that had a total of 13 players ejected and a fan hitting Australian player Nathan Sobey with a chair.“Following the incident that occurred in the third quarter of the Philippines-Australia game on Monday in the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2019 Asian Qualifiers, FIBA will now open disciplinary proceedings against both teams. The decision(s) will be communicated in the coming days,” Fiba wrote.ADVERTISEMENT Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil LATEST STORIES Phivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption View comments Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.